We need a Punchout solution to get data from Shopify or Prestashop to Source-to-Pay solution (SAP Ariba, Determine, Sourcing Force, Ivalua...).
We are lookin to create an App or plug-in in our own shop (Shopify or Prestashop) to be independent. (support OCI and cXML)
This process contains the following actions:
- Automatically login with Single-Sign-On
- Create temp account in order to prevent persistent shopping cart (user would otherwise see each other's content of the cart)
- Insert / convert data to specific requirements regarding eProcurement(SRM code, material codes, VAT etc)
- Create OCI form and inject into shopping cart form
- Send cart back to HOOK_URL
In short: The buyer opens his e-procurement system (e.g. SAP), then the buyer opens the webshop and logs in automatically, walks through the products and composes a shopping cart, the shopping cart Punchout (all the order details, product attributes, price, SRM, VAT etc.) to SAP and when the order gets an approval then finally the order will be integrated back to the webshop or sent by e-mail.
cXML - PunchOut for SAP ARIBA
OCI - Punchout for Determine
- eProcurement places a specific user unique PunchoutSetupRequest (single-sign-on) @ PrestaShop / Shopify
- Shop prepares unique autologin URL and send back a PunchoutSetupRespons
- eProcurement logs in automatically and Shop opens for Purchaser
- Purchaser opens the shopping cart page and our plugin Insert / convert data to specific requirements regarding eProcurement (SRM code, materialcodes, VAT etc)
- When purchaser hit "order" button a SetupOrderMessage is send to eProcurement
----------- next step
- In eProcurement the PO is created and send to PrestaShop / Shopify (CreateOrderRequest)
- Imported into PrestaShop / Shopify,
- PrestaShop / Shopify send RequestRespons message.
In short: This process contains more back and forth communication as you can see. With cXML / OCI the order (e-ordering) will flow in automatically back into PrestaShop / Shopify with a Purchase Order number.